Monday 21 January 2013

Country Wife :: Country Life

This is a completely true and unembellished tale from the life of a country wife.


On Saturday morning while hubby and DC were out tramping through the snowy fields, I settled myself down by the fire to do a little cross-stitching. As I stitched I thought about the things I needed/wanted to do during the rest of the day. The list included three things:

1) Go down to the woodshed and saw up some more wood for the fire
2) Make/bake some bread rolls for dinner

3) Shovel the snow off the front garden path.

And then it occured to me what a very 'country' life I had planned for myself that day; and it felt very nice indeed (not to mention very different from anything I could have imagined for myself.)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)